In order to expand our team, we are constantly looking for leaders (m / f) to accompany our “delegations” of children / teenagers between 11 and 15 years onto our holiday programmes. Leaders must be at least 21 years old at the start of the program, co-leader (at Interchanges) are at least 19 years old.
CISV is a voluntary organization, so we can not pay you anything, at the same time there is no cost for you; travel, food and lodging are provided.
We can issue a testimony about your activity.
duties and responsibilities
- You are accompanying a group of 4-7 children between the ages of 11 and 15 to a up-to-4-week CISV programme
- Depending on the age, you are "mom and dad substitute" or understanding big brother / sister
- You are directing the children to participate in the CISV programme
- You are planning and coordinating activities, games and small demonstrations with the staff and the other leaders.
- Sometimes you prepare scrapbooks with the children and their families
- Sometimes you create a funny and interactive presentation of your home country with your delegation.
- Sometimes you prepare a “cultural activity” with your delegation. This activity links your country to the camp theme.
- You actively participate in compulsory training that will prepare you for your tasks as best as possible.
- You are holding preparatory meetings with the families of the children, facilitate at the PreCamp weekend and take part in preparing the whole family for the summer CISV experience
- During the program you are the sole communication interface between the camp and the parents of the children.
- Fond of children; Enjoy being there for them and working with them
- Strong nerves and the ability to keep calm even in difficult situations
- Good organizational ability
- Good communication skills - with children as well as adults
- Good English skills (at least B2)
- Openness to other cultures, world views, religions, ...
- Do not be afraid of traveling
our offer to you
If you feel joy and enthusiasm in working with and for children, then we offer you an experience that will shape you all your life. You are part of a CISV program in which children or young people are brought to a life without cultural or national differences. You grow in your responsibility for your delegation. You experience teamwork while planning with the leaders group. You will find a lot of new friends and have great international and intercultural encounters.
Interested? Then we would be pleased to receive a meaningful application!